Art Holidays in Italy
At Italian Special Occasions DMC & Events, our cultural itineraries and art tours of Italy are memorable and unique.
What makes us different?
From North to South, Italy’s extraordinary artistic heritage has shaped a country where no two places look alike. Fans of fine art, design, and artisan handicrafts can best experience Italy’s artistic heritage on art tours and painting holidays that incorporate authentic, local cultural experiences.
We team up with professors, historians, and local artists to craft vacation experiences where art is the protagonist.
- Meet with local artisans whose skills have been passed from generation to generation. See glassblowing in the Veneto, take a ceramics class in Sicily, or try hemp weaving in the Aosta Valley.
- Our art professors will introduce you to Rome, Venice and Florence’s most offbeat artistic gems.
- Work with terracotta in Tuscany, craft a violin in Cremona, or have a Tuscan “Calzolaio” teach you how to make footwear in Florence. Many of our workshops can be adapted for team building.
- See fascinating archaeological treasures in Tuscany and Sicily – or visit churches rarely seen by tourists to learn ancient fresco techniques.
- Let us send you to Italy’s best local art festivals and Arts & Crafts shows.
- Whether you’re interested in de Chirico’s artworks, Vietri sul Mare’s ceramics, Tuscany’s marble, Raphael’s portraits, or Burano’s lace – we can create your dream artistic tour of Italy.
Find tips and fun facts on Italy’s regions here:
We’re here to help. Read on for more tips on art travel in Italy.
With homeworking becoming more common during the Covid-19 pandemic, the concept of “workation” has emerged in the world of tourism. But especially in 2021, we at Italian Special Occasions DMC & Events have noticed a shift in the kind of work-vacation that people...
First things first: what is Beyond Italy? We started to conceive and develop Beyond Italy during the first lockdown of 2020, when we took our time to think about the challenges of the events and travel sectors, of how to give a different meaning to tourism and...
As the worldwide situation is still precarious due to the global Covid-19 pandemic and we deal with “the new normal” regarding the limits of events and travel, it’s not easy to plan anything. But this – the now – is the time to focus, think, visualize, exchange ideas...