Art Holidays in Italy
At Italian Special Occasions DMC & Events, our cultural itineraries and art tours of Italy are memorable and unique.
What makes us different?
From North to South, Italy’s extraordinary artistic heritage has shaped a country where no two places look alike. Fans of fine art, design, and artisan handicrafts can best experience Italy’s artistic heritage on art tours and painting holidays that incorporate authentic, local cultural experiences.
We team up with professors, historians, and local artists to craft vacation experiences where art is the protagonist.
- Meet with local artisans whose skills have been passed from generation to generation. See glassblowing in the Veneto, take a ceramics class in Sicily, or try hemp weaving in the Aosta Valley.
- Our art professors will introduce you to Rome, Venice and Florence’s most offbeat artistic gems.
- Work with terracotta in Tuscany, craft a violin in Cremona, or have a Tuscan “Calzolaio” teach you how to make footwear in Florence. Many of our workshops can be adapted for team building.
- See fascinating archaeological treasures in Tuscany and Sicily – or visit churches rarely seen by tourists to learn ancient fresco techniques.
- Let us send you to Italy’s best local art festivals and Arts & Crafts shows.
- Whether you’re interested in de Chirico’s artworks, Vietri sul Mare’s ceramics, Tuscany’s marble, Raphael’s portraits, or Burano’s lace – we can create your dream artistic tour of Italy.
Find tips and fun facts on Italy’s regions here:
We’re here to help. Read on for more tips on art travel in Italy.
“We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous Traveling with your loved ones, whether family or friends, can be an extremely enriching experience. It can allow you to strengthen relationships, to discover new sensations and new aspects...
If you love movies, the summer breeze and Italian lifestyle, then it doesn’t get much better than this: moonlit movie nights under the starry summer sky, with a delicious gelato in hand! Between June and September, Italy hosts a number of open-air cinemas. They can be...
Foodies are increasingly interested in winery tours that go beyond simple wine tasting: they wish to witness winemaking in a more authentic, deeper way. In other words, travelers are not looking for tours: they are looking for proper wine experiences. At Italian...