Art Holidays in Italy
At Italian Special Occasions DMC & Events, our cultural itineraries and art tours of Italy are memorable and unique.
What makes us different?
From North to South, Italy’s extraordinary artistic heritage has shaped a country where no two places look alike. Fans of fine art, design, and artisan handicrafts can best experience Italy’s artistic heritage on art tours and painting holidays that incorporate authentic, local cultural experiences.
We team up with professors, historians, and local artists to craft vacation experiences where art is the protagonist.
- Meet with local artisans whose skills have been passed from generation to generation. See glassblowing in the Veneto, take a ceramics class in Sicily, or try hemp weaving in the Aosta Valley.
- Our art professors will introduce you to Rome, Venice and Florence’s most offbeat artistic gems.
- Work with terracotta in Tuscany, craft a violin in Cremona, or have a Tuscan “Calzolaio” teach you how to make footwear in Florence. Many of our workshops can be adapted for team building.
- See fascinating archaeological treasures in Tuscany and Sicily – or visit churches rarely seen by tourists to learn ancient fresco techniques.
- Let us send you to Italy’s best local art festivals and Arts & Crafts shows.
- Whether you’re interested in de Chirico’s artworks, Vietri sul Mare’s ceramics, Tuscany’s marble, Raphael’s portraits, or Burano’s lace – we can create your dream artistic tour of Italy.
Find tips and fun facts on Italy’s regions here:
We’re here to help. Read on for more tips on art travel in Italy.
Masks are the symbol of the beautiful city of Venice, and their handcraftsmanship is deeply rooted in local history. Even wearing them is part of the tradition, especially when the time for the world-famous Carnival arrives! But in the past, masks were used on many...
Are you planning a special occasion with Family and Friends to celebrate the end of the year with a unique event in Italy? Our Destination Management Company specializes in Small Group Travel experiences and proposes 10 places that you should consider for private...
Faenza features attractions like the medieval Palazzo del Podestà, the neoclassical Palazzo Milzetti and the Tuscan-style Cathedral, which is one of the highest expressions of Renaissance art in the region of Emilia Romagna, where this lovely town is located. But...