Art Holidays in Italy
At Italian Special Occasions DMC & Events, our cultural itineraries and art tours of Italy are memorable and unique.
What makes us different?
From North to South, Italy’s extraordinary artistic heritage has shaped a country where no two places look alike. Fans of fine art, design, and artisan handicrafts can best experience Italy’s artistic heritage on art tours and painting holidays that incorporate authentic, local cultural experiences.
We team up with professors, historians, and local artists to craft vacation experiences where art is the protagonist.
- Meet with local artisans whose skills have been passed from generation to generation. See glassblowing in the Veneto, take a ceramics class in Sicily, or try hemp weaving in the Aosta Valley.
- Our art professors will introduce you to Rome, Venice and Florence’s most offbeat artistic gems.
- Work with terracotta in Tuscany, craft a violin in Cremona, or have a Tuscan “Calzolaio” teach you how to make footwear in Florence. Many of our workshops can be adapted for team building.
- See fascinating archaeological treasures in Tuscany and Sicily – or visit churches rarely seen by tourists to learn ancient fresco techniques.
- Let us send you to Italy’s best local art festivals and Arts & Crafts shows.
- Whether you’re interested in de Chirico’s artworks, Vietri sul Mare’s ceramics, Tuscany’s marble, Raphael’s portraits, or Burano’s lace – we can create your dream artistic tour of Italy.
Find tips and fun facts on Italy’s regions here:
We’re here to help. Read on for more tips on art travel in Italy.
Today we have the pleasure of sharing an interview with Lella Cesari Ciampoli, owner of Siena’s first school of international cuisine, which she founded in 1996. The mission of her culinary institution is to maintain the tradition of Sienese and Tuscan cooking...
Have you ever watched Hollywood’s movie Roman Holiday (1953)? If you have, and even if you have not, you probably associate it with the iconic image of Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck exploring the Italian Capital while riding a Vespa. The Vespa is an Italian brand of...
The Emilia Romagna region located in northern Italy is geographically blessed with the Apennine Mountains stretching from the north to the south-east, and the Adriatic Sea to the east coast. This contrast between the rugged Apennine Mountains, the gastronomic centres...