As some of you already know, Italian Special Occasions DMC & Events Company was founded with a vision to transform the way people travel to Italy and host their events here. Our objective is not to work on quantity but on a quality tourism, whether for corporate or leisure events, and our philosophy revolves around 4 important principles to help local communities in a sustainable way:
- Embracing local culture and traditions
- Promoting destinations off the beaten path
- Sponsoring seasonality to promote regions in their ideal season
- Being the Hub for creativity through hidden gems, extraordinary venues and authentic activities
With this strategy, our clients get involved in the preservation of traditions, in maintaining the identity of Italy and in supporting actively the local economy. It is an innovative and traditional way at the same time.
And now, we want our clients to get involved even more actively, here is how!
JOIN OUR CONTEST
Idea: We created a contest that is reserved to all our client companies who decide to be an active contributor of change. The key? Structure an event with us in the most sustainable way, not only from an environmental standpoint, but also from the company’s internal point of view, because it’s all a chain of change 🙂 !
Deal: Surprise your client or employee by organizing the event (team building, incentive, kickoff, annual meeting) in an unusual part of Italy and with a different formula.
Respect the Seasonality
Organize the event in the ideal region during its off-peak season. If in doubt regarding the options for seasons and logistics, simply ask us.
Help the local communities
Choose an independent hotel,. Invest more in experiences that are enriching, such as walking culture tours.
Think about the environment
Use more technology applications and spend less on plastic, lanyards and paper documents. Choose eco-friendly transportation for the activities.
Care about your employee or client
Through local activities your clients or employees will have fun and also learn interesting insights to become more effective as a team, and to enrich themselves as individuals.
Help Maintain Local Heritage
Instead of hosting your meeting in a hotel, choose a historical palace. Avoid overcrowded sites, such as the Colosseum in Rome, instead go for hidden gems within the same city.
Consider alternative locations and activities
We can help you find the best region-season combination anywhere. And even if you choose popular destinations such as Rome or Florence, we can propose authentic activities and attractions away from mass tourism.
Choose an innovative formula for your event
For example, by “unconferencing” your meeting, you will allow your employees to interact with each other more informally and less hierarchically. You will see how new scenarios allow creativity to flourish and strengthen trust and team spirit.
Deadline: Contest entries are open for all events confirmed with Italian Special Occasions DMC between 1 January 2019 and 31 May 2020.
Win 2 nights and 3 days for two people in one of the following regions:
- Maremma Tuscany – Silver Coast
- Sicily – the Messinese Territory
- Umbria – the Wine Route
What is included:
- 2 nights in an independent 4-star hotel
- Breakfast and taxes
- 1 full day activity for two (we will propose 3 different options based on the season, and you can choose your favorite experience)
- 1 dinner for two in a special place (3 courses and wines)
- Transportation to/from airport-hotel
- The prize can be redeemed between 1 April 2020 and 30 April 2021 in the off-peak season of the chosen region.
- The winning company will be the protagonist of a case study about the sustainable event. The case study will be written by Irina Graf, expert blogger on the global corporate events community, and will be published on The Mice Blog.
Not included: Flights and meals that are not mentioned in the prize.