At Italian Special Occasions DMC we are happy to present our own Seasonality Map, which highlights the best seasons for visiting different regions and enjoying activities in an eco-friendly, more affordable way. This allows you to avoid mass tourism, tourist traps and clichés… join the movement for a more educated tourism! (Click on the map to enlarge it in a new window)
We are also pleased to launch our new concept called “Italian Events, for your special Occasion”. Why not combine your celebration, vacation or business meeting with unique cultural events that take place in Italy? This will create an authentic experience and great memories for your special occasion!
For example, if you are planning a summer event in Italy, you can increase your ‘wow factor’ by allowing your guests or customers to witness one of these cool regional celebrations:
- Joust of the Quintana, Umbria/Marches – A spectacular jousting tournament held in the towns of Foligno (June, September) and of Ascoli Piceno (August). This medieval tradition is enriched by original costume parades of knights on horseback, ladies, valets, drummers and trumpeters.
- Feast of Santa Rosalia, Sicily – In July the town of Palermo celebrates its Patron with a solemn procession, live music and bands by the streets, and a beautiful firework display.
- Festa de’ Noantri, Lazio – The heat of July does not scare Romans away from the folkloristic celebration in honor of the Beata Vergine del Carmelo (Our Lady of Mount Carmel). Traditional dances and music, Carnival floats and fireworks light up Trastevere, one of the most characteristic neighborhood in Rome.
- Giochi de’ le Porte – Umbria: In September, the town of Gualdo Tadino hosts ancient games including a Palio, a race on donkeys (without the saddle), and an archery competition. Local delicacies are not to be missed!
Planning a last minute event in the Bel Paese? Here is our spring treasure trove for your special occasions:
- The Night of the Pirates, Tuscany – Ahoy! In April and early May a thrilling scavenger hunt and ship race take place in the sea village of Porto Ercole.
- Palio dei Balestrieri, Umbria – A Medieval crossbow contest and costume parade ignites the locals in Gubbio and Sansepolcro. Held in May.
- Aparagus Festival, Veneto – Bassano del Grappa celebrates its white asparagus, protected by the DOP trademark, with a delicious food festival in April and May.
Join Italian Special Occasions DMC in the quest for a more eco-friendly, less touristy approach to travel and event organization in Italy!
Contact us to learn more about our services or to receive a customized quotation for your special occasion in Italy, be it a wedding, family & friend reunion, corporate and golf event, or foodie trip!